— (via nicoleellice)
If someone cheats on you they do not love you, remember that. If someone cheats on you they do not care about you as much as they say they do. If someone cheats on you it means that for a split second you were off their mind long enough for them to put another person in arms that should only be for you. If someone cheats on you, dear god, I hope you don’t go back to them because you are worth so much more than that.
1. Sneak out in the middle of the night with someone you like. Drive to the middle of nowhere or simply just watch the stars and the moon from the roof of a car. Talk about the universe and everything in between.
2. Draw. Sculpt. Or write. Put your tangled thoughts into art. Show it to someone or hide it under your bed.
3. Put yourself first sometimes. Do what you love even if your friends or parents tell you otherwise. Wear the clothes you want and listen to the music your heart desires. Don’t fall under the pressure of pleasing others.
4. Spend an hour or two alone every day. Go to a coffee shop and sit by the window. Bring your favorite book even though you’ve probably read it a hundred times and look at the different people surrounding you.
5. Go out at night. Perhaps with your best friend. Dress up for once and make sure to feel beautiful and classy. In case you’re a girl put on a shade of red lipstick and curl your hair. There is just something strangely exciting about looking like you got it all together when deep down you’re a nervous wreck.
— Unknown (via exoticwild)
March 4, 2013
I was unpacking when I heard you walk in. I had on light pink lipstick that I found at the bottom of a box. You put a few things on the counter and handed me my car keys. I kissed you and asked if you could help me move the bed. You said you needed to talk. I keep replaying this over and over in my mind. I don’t think I’ll be able to unpack the rest of our boxes.
April 4, 2013
It’s been a month since you left.
Mark says you’re not coming back.
I can’t sleep.
Are you awake?
May 4, 2013
I finally went to the doctor like you had begged me to.
You were right and yeah, I’ll be fine.
June 4, 2013
I sold my engagement ring at a pawn shop today. I bought expensive lipstick and flowers. I also bought a lot of beer and a carton of cigarettes. I’ve lost a lot weight since you last saw me. My friends from high school that I haven’t seen in years hardly recognize me. It’s weird being back in this town without you. I spend most of my afternoons at the beach. I saw a sea turtle today while I was swimming. I miss eating breakfast food at midnight with you.
July 4, 2013
I stumbled across the video of you in the car singing Taylor Swift. I deleted it before it played all the way through but I have to admit it made me laugh. I can’t remember how your voice sounds saying my name. I broke down and called you. Thank you for not answering.
August 4, 2013
I dropped my cigarette in my lap when you drove past me today.
September 4, 1012
I went on a date.
He thinks Bud Light is “quality beer”.
It just isn’t going to work out.
October 4, 2013
It doesn’t hurt anymore to say your name.
November 4, 2013
Hope you’re doing well.
December 12, 2013
Thank you for setting me free.
— These short letters are straight from my notebook, unedited and carelessly written in extremely unattractive cursive. -d.a.h (via svvincolare)
"What will be, will be"...or something like that